Thursday, January 21, 2016

Project 1: Gif

I chose to make this gif when I was scrolling through my camera roll and saw it from last summer. While I think most people understand that there's a little delivery truck rolling out from a building to deposit a square object into a bin, they may not understand why this video gone gif means a lot to me. This past summer, I spent three months in Stuttgart, Germany for an internship with the U.S. Military. During my internship, I stayed with family friends who lived in a small town in the countryside named Waldenbuch (Vol-den-book). This is the same town that the European chocolate factory for Rittersport is headquartered. On nice days in the summer, I could wake up and smell chocolate from outside my window. This particular gif was of a machine in the Rittersport factory museum that distributed a small square of chocolate if anybody were to push a button on the side.
*This is not necessarily the gif I wanted to use - but the one I first made where I played around with speed and duplicating clips. I'm not sure what mistake I made, but when trying to create a shorter clip that involved less editing, makeagif.com was never able to upload one in a reasonable amount of time. So here is my aggressive gif!

No comments:

Post a Comment