Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Project 4


This zine originally came to me when brainstorming for the table of contents. I thought the refrigerator was a pretty obvious symbol of Thoughts at 3 AM, but it reminded me of another thing. Once when I had friends over, someone went into the kitchen and came back and asked me if I had a happy family. When I asked why he would ask me something like that, he remarked on how our refrigerator had no magnets on it. This basically expands on my struggle to not let others influence my thoughts, while also trying to prove myself based off what others think. The magnet and the fridge were photoshop as well as the background. The magnets were made in illustrator, and the pictures were scanned in from a family photo album. 

This zine exemplified the blurring of dreams and thoughts. I have what's actually on my mind, my to do list, which was scanned in, and my passport to London, which was created in photoshop. I found this flower pressed in a book recently and I thought that added to the dreaminess quality of the zine, so I scanned that in as well. I cloned the clouds in the background via photoshop, and made the stars in Illustrator. I always like looking at the night sky, but I have to close my blinds for complete darkness otherwise I can't sleep. 

This is a gif that I could not for the life of me figure out how to put in my final zine. RIP to what could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment